I write occasional short articles for websites and local magazines, with the aim of raising awareness of health and care issues amongst owners. I am a regular contributor to Equine News, the free issue magazine found throughout New England, the mid North and Northern coasts of NSW and SE QLD. Here are some of the articles published in that and other magazines.
- Girth Pain (Equine News, NSW)
- The Horse’s Eye (Equine News, NSW)
- Beating the Hoof Bugs (Equine News, NSW)
- Sheath Cleaning (Equine News, NSW)
- Rugging (Equine News, NSW)
- Introduction to Endurance Riding (Equine News, NSW)
- Maximising Movement (Local Horse Magazine, QLD)
- Saddling the Endurance Horse (QERA New Members Handbook, 2011)
- Introducing the Equine Touch (Hoofbeats, Aus / NZ, 2008)
These articles outline research into the efficacy of Lifewave patches used on horses and humans. The authors are as listed.
Infrared Thermal Imaging Quantifies the Efficacy of IceWave® Patches in Musculoskeletal Pain Relief in Horses by Derock, L., in Journal of the American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association, Vol. 30 (1), 2011.
Responsiveness of Horses to Biofrequency Modulation after Acupuncture Palpation by Derock, L., in Journal of the American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association, Vol. 24, 2005.
Nanoscale Wearable Devices Reduce Qualitative and Quantitative Measures of Neuromuscular Pain by Homer Nazeran, H. and Haltiwanger, E., in International Journal of Medical Implants and Devices, Vol. 5 (2), 2011.